Tag: 2019广州最全站街攻略


first_imgThe Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Dr. Francis Kateh, has attributed the recent Ebola outbreak in Margibi County to the continuation of the Ebola virus disease (EVD) in West Africa, and not a separate introduction from a ‘reservoir’ population.Dr. Kateh’s statement allays fears that the resurgence of the virus was a result of the victims eating “dead dog.”The information released by Dr. Kateh at a press conference in Monrovia Friday follows an investigation conducted into the new Ebola outbreak by the Liberian Institute for Biomedical Research (LIBR), United States Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) and the Ministry of Health (MOH) respectively.Dr. Kateh disclosed that the institutions completed nearly 99% coverage of genomes (an organism set of DNA) that were obtained from both the body swab and blood taken from the patient posthumously (after death).The CMO noted that following a series of laboratory tests, both sequences proved to be identical and are consistent with the area where the recent outbreak occurred, representing a continuation of the ongoing Ebola Virus in West Africa.According to the Liberia News Agency (LINA), Dr. Kateh indicated that the sequence matches with previous isolates from Liberia and is distinct from the viruses currently circulating in Sierra Leone and Guinea.He added that the level of sequence difference between this case and previous isolates is significantly lower than is expected, based on the date of isolation and outbreak-wide estimates of the virus’ rate of development.It may be recalled that on June 28, three months after the last reported Ebola victim in Liberia was buried, a 17-year-old boy, Abraham Meimeiga, died of the virus in Nendowein, a small village near Smell No Taste otherwise known as Unification Town, Margibi County.Since then, four others associated with the case have tested positive and are undergoing treatment at the ELWA Ebola Treatment Unit in Paynesville.Meanwhile, sequencing of the other cases associated with this flare-up of the virus is ongoing as the MOH has placed 14 people in the area at higher risk.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more


first_imgEngland will be in the second tier along with Ireland, Samoa and Argentina.As a result, they could face New Zealand, who’ve always finished top of their pool at every World Cup since the inaugural edition in 1987, in the group stage in three years’ time.Given that the top two in each of the four pools of five go through to the quarter-finals, a solitary pool loss need not be fatal to a team’s chances of reaching the knockout stages.On the other hand, every World Cup-winning team has gone through the tournament unbeaten.And Clive Woodward, England’s coach when they won the World Cup in 2003, said Sunday his country would be the one all the top four would want to avoid following their dramatic defeat of the All Blacks.“It makes the draw fascinating, given England have just demolished New Zealand,” Woodward told the BBC.“That one result will make the southern hemisphere teams sit up and say for once ‘we want to keep away from England’.”By contrast, Wales’s last gasp 14-12 defeat by Australia in Cardiff on Saturday dropped them into the third tier along with Italy, Tonga and Scotland.“I don’t think it bothers us,” said scrum-half Mike Phillips, a member of the Wales team that reached the semi-finals of last year’s World Cup in New Zealand after qualifying out of a pool also featuring South Africa and Samoa.“The World Cup is a long way off, 2015. A lot can happen between now and then,” he added.Mayor of London Boris Johnson, who will be involved in Monday’s draw, said he was delighted to see another major sports event — the 2015 World Cup final will take place at Twickenham — heading the way of the British capital following its successful staging of this year’s Olympic Games.“London proved this summer that it is simply the best place in the world to stage international sport,” Johnson said.“So it is fantastic that as host city for 2015 we have been given the honour of staging matches from another of the world’s largest sporting events, which will see top-flight competition return to London and the UK’s iconic venues so quickly after the 2012 Games.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000LONDON, England December 3 – Hosts England and reigning champions New Zealand could find themselves paired in the same pool when the draw for the 2015 Rugby World Cup takes place at London’s Tate Modern gallery on Monday.England’s stunning 38-21 win over New Zealand across London at Twickenham on Saturday may have ended the All Blacks’ 20-match unbeaten run but it was not enough for the 2015 hosts to secure a top four seeding.Those places went instead to New Zealand, South Africa, Australia and France.last_img read more